Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/11 19:22:33 UTC

Re: Ant help for c compiler

On 6/29/06, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> I should point out that the first edition of Java Development with Ant
> has a chapter on building C/C++ under ant. It also covers how to set up
> a build environment and taskdef/typedef matters. The C++ coverage will
> *not* be in the second edition, as the space had to be used for other
> things .....

Ekk! That is a  pity, that chapter really really helped
me when I was initially learning ant and using cc.

Peter

-steve

Re: Ant help for c compiler

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Peter Reilly wrote:
> On 6/29/06, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> I should point out that the first edition of Java Development with Ant
>> has a chapter on building C/C++ under ant. It also covers how to set up
>> a build environment and taskdef/typedef matters. The C++ coverage will
>> *not* be in the second edition, as the space had to be used for other
>> things .....
>>

> Ekk! That is a  pity, that chapter really really helped
> me when I was initially learning ant and using cc.

We'll stick it up online.

FWIW, the Web Services chapter is out too. Not because they are out of
fashion, but because I think the tactic in the book (java->axis->wsdl)
is backwards and you should write your own WSDL/XSD, then work from
there, preferably at the XML level.

-steve

Re: Ant help for c compiler

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
That's OK, Steve can just "donate" it to the community and put it up
somewhere online, or check it in to Ant's docs dir ;-) --DD

Re: Ant help for c compiler

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Is it possible to publish the chapters that are in the
> first edition but will be excluded from the second
> edition on the book's site?
>
> Regards
> Ivan

Unless the publishers stop me, this is my exact plan.

http://antbook.org/ incidentally.

Re: Ant help for c compiler

Posted by "Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Steve,