Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/02/08 00:51:40 UTC

ATTENTION: need to set jdk16.javac in ant.properties to build with JDK 1.6

Attention to those of you building with JDK 1.6 to get JDBC4
functionality.  Previously you needed to set jdk16 in your
ant.properties.  With revision 375777, you now also need to say
jdk16.javac in your ant.properties.  Please see BUILDING.txt (which I
just updated) for more information.

Thanks,

David

Re: ATTENTION: need to set jdk16.javac in ant.properties to build with JDK 1.6

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Well, that's great news!  I'll see what I can do to remove the need for
this variable.

David

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
OK, just checked in a new revision that obviates the need for
jdk16.javac, so you can remove that if you have it in your
ant.properties and if you haven't, you can ignore the ATTENTION email.

David

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 7, 2006, at 4:20 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> jdk16.javac=/derby-trunk/jdk16/bin/java
>>
>> It chugs along just fine and compiles the JDBC 4.0 classes.
>
> Isn't that a concern or a typo?

Typo. I meant javac there.

andrew

Re: ATTENTION: need to set jdk16.javac in ant.properties to build with JDK 1.6

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> jdk16.javac=/derby-trunk/jdk16/bin/java
>
> It chugs along just fine and compiles the JDBC 4.0 classes.

Isn't that a concern or a typo?  I set my to javac, not java?
Wouldn't expect the compiles to suceed if java was given.

Dan.

Re: ATTENTION: need to set jdk16.javac in ant.properties to build with JDK 1.6

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 7, 2006, at 3:51 PM, David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Attention to those of you building with JDK 1.6 to get JDBC4
> functionality.  Previously you needed to set jdk16 in your
> ant.properties.  With revision 375777, you now also need to say
> jdk16.javac in your ant.properties.  Please see BUILDING.txt (which
> I just updated) for more information.

Hi David,

 From the update to BUILDING.txt: