Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2019/06/02 02:59:07 UTC

Java 8

In testing on Windows I suddenly discovered that the support I added for Spring Cloud Config now requires that the build run using Java 8. This is because the Maven spring-boot-plugin requires Java 8. Since the build uses toolchains extensively I don’t think this will create any problems as all the stuff that supports Java 7 should still use it to compile.

Ralph

Re: Java 8

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Oh, it's only a toolchain issue? Not a big problem I suppose. I'm
already using Java 11 as my default JDK for Log4j right now, and it
mostly works (other than a removed class from sun.reflect that's
tested in a unit test; that's to be expected due to the StackWalker
API).

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Java 8