Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Webb <we...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/28 04:18:03 UTC

Help on Tomcat configurations

Dear Apache-Tomcat,

Hello, I am Ryan Webb from Philippines and this is my first time to use Tomcat.
I have problem in configuring my Tomcat.

-Situation:
I have a computer and there are no other webserves (IIS, etc) installed, except tomcat 6.0.14 (full install).
I deployed war file by copying and pasting to /webapps folder.
I checked if my webapplication is working by typing http://localhost/webapplication/login.jsp and it is working fine.

-Problem:
when I try to access using other computer, I typed http://192.168.0.1/webapplication/login.jsp, error page occured.
where ip address is address of machine where Tomcat is installed. (Page cannot be displayed -- from IE 6.0)

-Help:
Do i need to configure some things on Tomcat? or I did some thing stupid? How can i change Ip address to something customized like http://ryan.com/webapplication/login.jsp ?
-my webapplication is private use only. (intranet)

I have no collegue to help me. Please send me a lifeline..^^

Thank you very much for all your help (in advance!)

Warmest regards,
Ryan G. Webb
Help Splitzo Sally Before It’s Too Late!
http://www.thegirlwhosplitinto5.com/

Re: Help on Tomcat configurations

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
>  -Problem:
>  when I try to access using other computer, I typed
>  http://192.168.0.1/webapplication/login.jsp, error page occured.
>  where ip address is address of machine where Tomcat is installed.
> (Page cannot be displayed -- from IE 6.0)

If you are using Windows XP SP2 or something later, it includes
"Windows Firewall", that blocks external connections to your computer.
You should enable external TCP connections to the port 80 of your
computer.

>  -Help:
>  Do i need to configure some things on Tomcat? or I did some thing stupid? How can i
> change Ip address to something customized like http://ryan.com/webapplication/login.jsp > ?
>  -my webapplication is private use only. (intranet)

Learn more about DNS.

If you have more than ~10 intranet clients, configure a DNS server.