Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olivier Baillard <ob...@bct-technology.com> on 2000/11/16 19:00:59 UTC

Tomcat & frames

Hi Sam,

If you are here today, I would like to explain you a problem that I have
with frame.

I'm using my PHP with Tomcat and the thing are doing well. The only thing
what not really work are frame.

I have an "index.html", something like this, for example:

<head>
<title></title>
</head>

<frameset rows="55,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
   <frame name="topnavig" scrolling="NO" noresize
src="/customer/nav_top_de.html" >
   <frameset cols="129,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
     <frame name="navig" scrolling="NO" noresize src="shop_nav.php"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
     <frame name="int" src="./tpl/bct-shop/de/welcome.php" frameborder="NO"
marginwidth="10" marginheight="25">
   </frameset>
</frameset>
<noframe>
</noframe>

The frame "topnavig" work fine (it's HTML).  "nav_top_de.html" appears on
the screen

The frame "navig" and the frame "int" are "mixed".
Sometimes only the file "shop_nav.php" appears on the screen and not the
file "welcome.php".
Sometimes only a part of the file "shop_nav.php" and a part of the file
"welcome.php" appears in the SAME frame.
Sometimes the file "shop_nav.php" doesn't appears at all.
And sometimes Tomcat crashes with the error:
HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Unexpected Signal 11
Please report this error at
http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi

Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505005BC

Problematic Thread: prio=1 tid=0x852ea78 nid=0xd6d runnable

Do you have any clues?

Bye!
Olivier Baillard