Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/08/11 20:19:33 UTC

[Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "BoardReportDraft" by AsankhaPerera

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpcomponents Wiki" for change notification.

The "BoardReportDraft" page has been changed by AsankhaPerera:
http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/BoardReportDraft?action=diff&rev1=14&rev2=15

Comment:
updated for August 2011

- = Status report for the Apache HttpComponents project - May 2011 =
+ = Status report for the Apache HttpComponents project - August 2011 =
-
  == Status ==
  Overall the project remains active.

  == Releases ==
- HttpClient 4.1.1 GA was released on the 21st of March 2011
+ HttpCore 4.1.1 GA was released on the 21st of May 2011
+ HttpAsyncClient 4.0-alpha2 was released on the 24th of May 2011
+ HttpCore 4.1.2 GA was released on the 18th of July 2011
+ HttpCore 4.1.3 GA was released on the 31st of July 2011
+ HttpClient 4.1.2 GA was released on the 8th of August 2011
+
+ == Community ==
+ We've voted in Jonathan Moore for our PMC. There is good user interaction on the mailing lists

  == Development ==
- There was a proposal to move a fluent interface for HttpClient, built in Stanbol to be moved into HttpComponents. This was proposed as a GSoc project as well.
+ The fluent interface for HttpClient and the HttpAsyncClient has been making progress throughout the period under consideration

- The HttpAsyncClient has been making progress with more features targeting a 4.0 Alpha 2 release towards end of May
-
- We have decided to discontinue Java 1.3 compatibility for HttpCore after 4.1.1. The 4.2 branch will move to Java 1.5, and will remove deprecated code between 4.0-beta1 and 4.0 GA releases
-