Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/08 19:49:41 UTC

Releasing command line tool for running NetBeans Java Hints

Hi,

In the jackpot30 repository, there is (among other things) a command line
tool to run NetBeans Java Hints (hardcoded or declarative/custom), called
"jackpot".

Given NetBeans 10 was released, I think it would be good to release jackpot
10 sometime in the near future. Any comments on that/objections?

If you'd want a preview on how the release could look like, please look
here:
https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-jackpot-release/

(Although I think some changes or at least tweaks are still likely.)

Thanks,
    Jan

Re: Releasing command line tool for running NetBeans Java Hints

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 8:58 PM Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't even knew this was donated. Any (other than historic) reason
> we keep it in a separate Git repository?

I guess most of it is historic. Although in addition to that, the
concept/organization may not be a perfect fit for the main repo.

Jan

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Very cool. Would be nice to see some complete example command lines.

Sure let’s vote and by the time the vote is done we could naybe skip IPMC
vote because we’ll be out or nearly out of the incubator.

Gj

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
The readme:

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.