Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/23 01:46:07 UTC

Jira triage process?

Do we have a triage process documented?

I can see Bensons post re:Maven core JIRA triage starting
http://maven-users.828.n2.nabble.com/Maven-core-JIRA-triage-starting-tp6494353p6494353.html

And I was about to embark on the same thing for m-eclipse-p, and not
wanting to re-invent a new process I went looking to see if someone
had done this before me.
I can't find anything, but that doesn't mean people haven't thought
about this previously.

I was thinking about creating marker versions like:
* Assessed
* Rejected
So I can tell the difference between new bugs and ones that have had
someone at least look over them.

Guidance most welcome.

Re: Jira triage process?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
We've had some commonly agreed upon practices for some time, but it wasn't really written down. I think with labels now available instead of versions we can do a better job, which was the crux of Benson's post.

Probably the thing to do is for someone to write it up from that thread, and we can use / evolve from there.

On 23/09/2011, at 9:46 AM, Barrie Treloar wrote:

> Do we have a triage process documented?
>
> I can see Bensons post re:Maven core JIRA triage starting
> http://maven-users.828.n2.nabble.com/Maven-core-JIRA-triage-starting-tp6494353p6494353.html
>
> And I was about to embark on the same thing for m-eclipse-p, and not
> wanting to re-invent a new process I went looking to see if someone
> had done this before me.
> I can't find anything, but that doesn't mean people haven't thought
> about this previously.
>
> I was thinking about creating marker versions like:
> * Assessed
> * Rejected
> So I can tell the difference between new bugs and ones that have had
> someone at least look over them.
>
> Guidance most welcome.

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org