Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2015/06/25 10:41:09 UTC

baseline plugin failing on local and not jenkins

hello there,

today I was running some tests locally and the baseline plugin is
failing for oak-core

[ERROR] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.user.action: Version
increase required; detected 1.0.2, suggested 1.0.3

I tried to see if we had it on jenkins, and can't find it there. It
could be because, afaiu, the baseline plugin starts after the UT and
ITs, so as we have failures on that side (jenkins only) it won't run.

thoughts?

Davide

Re: baseline plugin failing on local and not jenkins

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
On 25/06/15 11:22, "Robert Munteanu" wrote:
>Hi Davide,
>
>On Thu, 2015-06-25 at 09:41 +0100, Davide Giannella wrote:
>> hello there,
>>
>> today I was running some tests locally and the baseline plugin is
>> failing for oak-core
>>
>> [ERROR] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.user.action: Version
>> increase required; detected 1.0.2, suggested 1.0.3
>>
>> I tried to see if we had it on jenkins, and can't find it there. It
>> could be because, afaiu, the baseline plugin starts after the UT and
>> ITs, so as we have failures on that side (jenkins only) it won't run.
>>
>> thoughts?
>>

>The problems is usually in local repository. Maybe you have some
>intermediate releases picked up from other repositories?

Davide created the 1.3.1 release, which was deployed in his local
repository, where the baseline plugin picked it up as the most
recent release.

the issue is caused by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-3041

btw, Robert, you were the one who reported and fixed the Bnd issue ;)

as soon as the 1.3.1 release was available in the public maven
repository, the jenkins builds started to fail as well...

Regards
 Marcel

Re: baseline plugin failing on local and not jenkins

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Davide,

On Thu, 2015-06-25 at 09:41 +0100, Davide Giannella wrote:
> hello there,
>
> today I was running some tests locally and the baseline plugin is
> failing for oak-core
>
> [ERROR] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.user.action: Version
> increase required; detected 1.0.2, suggested 1.0.3
>
> I tried to see if we had it on jenkins, and can't find it there. It
> could be because, afaiu, the baseline plugin starts after the UT and
> ITs, so as we have failures on that side (jenkins only) it won't run.
>
> thoughts?

The problems is usually in local repository. Maybe you have some
intermediate releases picked up from other repositories?

Cheers,

Robert