Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Iwan Flameling <iw...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/13 11:37:51 UTC

reducing the encoded Navigational State

Dear experts,

In my custom jetspeed portal I have a portlet in which 500(+) documents can
be selected using checkboxes. On the next page the selection is displayed.
My problem is that this works for about 150 checkboxes. When this number
increases the encoded Navigational State in the browser's address bar gets
too large and IE 8.0.6001.18702 doesn't digest urls larger then 2,083.
Anyone an idea how I  can reduce the the size of the Navigational State in
the browser's address bar?

Kind regards,
Iwan Flameling

P.S. This is my first post in a mailinglist, ever. If any additional
information is needed, please tell me.
I use Apache Jetspeed 2.1.3. I tried Ate's JS2-834. This didn't solve my
problemcase. It does nicely clean up the url, in cases the encoded
Navigational State wasn't that long (let's say 3000 or more characters).