Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Neil Graham <ne...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/08/03 15:20:38 UTC

Re: Fatal error from DOMError

Hi Bhuvana,

You wrote:

> I have put mutex
> lock for initialize and terminate commands

This might point to a usage error.  XMLPlatformUtils::initialize() and
terminate must be called before and after all calls to the library
respectively.  So you need to call them in a single-threaded context--i.e.,
before and after using mutexes makes any difference.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
Manager, XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

                      Bhuvana
                      Venkataraman             To:       xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
                      <bhuvanavarun@yah        cc:
                      oo.com>                  Subject:  Fatal error from DOMError

                      07/28/2004 03:40
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      xerces-c-dev

Hi,

I have a multithreaded application. I am instantiating
a DOMBuilder with DOMImplementationLS in Synchronous
mode. And I am parsing an xml file. I have put mutex
lock for initialize and terminate commands and also
for all the parser method access. But when I run with
700 or 800 threads, I get the
DOM_SEVERITY_FATAL_ERROR. I have no clue what is
happening. I would really appreciate if anybody can
help what could be the problem.

Thanks,
Bhuvana