Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bruce Douglas <be...@earthlink.net> on 2003/01/22 19:11:47 UTC

[users@httpd] very basic apache/php questions -- linux

Hi...

A couple of what I believe to be very basic questions... I have a test
Apache/PHP running under windows. I want to get basically the same thing
under Linux.

I'm not sure what I have to do. I have the RedHat 8.0 version of Apache
(2.0.40) and PHP (4.2.4) running. I've examined the httpd.conf file for
Apache and it seems to be missing some things.

The first question, do I need to build/compile Apache with and PHP
functionality built into it?

I'm hoping that I only need to add a few lins to the config file and restart
Apache and everything will work!!

I guess what I'm really looking for are the basic steps that one needs in
order to be able to handle .php files....

Yea.. I know.. This is fairly basic. I've search the Internet, but I'm
getting confused!!!!

I've had a serious lack of sleep the last couple of days!!

Thanks for any assistance/help....

-Bruce
bedouglas@earthlink.net

RE: [users@httpd] very basic apache/php questions -- linux

Posted by Bruce Douglas <be...@earthlink.net>.
Roman...

Yes.. PHP is in the RH installation.. However, the Apache config file
appears to be missing some information.

IE.. I can't seem to find ...

never mind..... I just saw the include for the php.conf file...

however, i do have another question....

it appears that I have to use:
<?php
?>

... is there a way to simply use "<?" instead of "<?php"...

thanks

bruce

What exactly do you want ? PHP should work in RH distribution when you
installed it, isn't it ?!

Roman

Posted by Roman <ou...@centrum.cz>.