Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Omer Czerniak <om...@movious.com> on 2001/06/07 13:05:36 UTC

a question about different between soap 2.1 and soap 2.2 - CDATA

hi all,
till today we used apache soap 2.1 at server side,
and return a string as parameter, the string conatined a specical chars like
'>' '<' '&' etc.
so what we did is to wrap the whole string with cdata section.

but i have noticed that soap 2.2 encodes all that special chars and ignore
my cdata.
how do, or can i, prevent it from doing that ?

Omer.

RE: a question about different between soap 2.1 and soap 2.2 - CDATA

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Omer,

Whatever String you send as a parameter is exactly what you should get on
the server-side. Try it without the CDATA section.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Omer,