Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/26 10:48:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release 2.3.0

Hi dev,

Release 2.3.0; see [1].  It seems a good time to prepare the 2.3.0
release.  We should include RATIS-1563 in 2.3.0.  Are there any other JIRAs
we should include?

After 2.3.0, we could start working on 3.0.0 so that we can allow
incompatible changes.  In particular, we can upgrade dropwizard.metrics
from 3.x to 4.x; see [2].

Regards,
Tsz-Wo

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/gtmn8tyx5y64wxyokfqm0kh34dpb400b
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RATIS-1391

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.3.0

Posted by Xinyu Tan <tx...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

we expect Ratis 1570 can be included in the 2.3.0 version, the corresponding PR (https://github.com/apache/ratis/pull/640) is going to be merged

Thanks

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.3.0

Posted by jackson yao <ja...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the work , i am +1 for the release.

Attila Doroszlai <ad...@apache.org> 于2022年5月6日周五 03:24写道:

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.3.0

Posted by Attila Doroszlai <ad...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.3.0

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Attila,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.3.0

Posted by Attila Doroszlai <ad...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.3.0

Posted by Attila Doroszlai <ad...@apache.org>.
> We should include RATIS-1563 in 2.3.0.  Are there any other JIRAs we should include?

While trying the first few steps of the release process locally, I
have found and fixed two minor, but blocker issues (RATIS-1575 and
RATIS-1576).  I think the current master at 9395b12c is good for
starting the release.

I would like to volunteer as release manager for Ratis 2.3.0.

-Attila

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.3.0

Posted by mingchao zhao <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks @Tsz-Wo for your proposal.

Agree to release 2.3.0.
There are many good features that have been merged in the master. Such as
RATIS-1545 can improve ozone write performance by 20%. We need a new
version of ratis before ozone release.