Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Pietschmann <sp...@mail.inf.tu-dresden.de> on 2005/01/26 14:59:17 UTC

how to get value of browserselector in sitemap

Hi,

I know how the BrowserSelector works, but I want to use its value as a
parameter for one of my actions.

Instead of writing

<map:select type="browser">
  <map:when test="netscape">
    <map:act .>
        <map:parameter name="browser" value="netscape"/>
    </map:act>
  </map:when>
  <map:when test="explorer">
    <map:act .>
        <map:parameter name="browser" value="explorer"/>
    </map:act>
  </map:when>
</map:select>

can I access the result - say "explorer" - directly? Is it possible (a) in
the sitemap and (b) in my action?

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: how to get value of browserselector in sitemap

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Jan 26, 2005, at 5:59 AM, Stefan Pietschmann wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I know how the BrowserSelector works, but I want to use its value as a
> parameter for one of my actions.

Suggestion: instead of BrowserSelector, use a HeaderMatcher to get the
value of the "User-Agent" header.
—ml—