Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rodrigo Zerlotti <ro...@dblive.com> on 2001/09/26 17:14:57 UTC

disable-output-escaping - reason to use.

I found on the FAQ:

Why doesn't disable-output-escaping="yes" work?
This is similar to the above - we believe this is bad programming practice.
It's like using GOTOs.
There are usually other ways to do what you want to do - though you may have
to spend some time getting your head round them. Ask on
cocoon-users@xml.apache.org , specifying exactly what you want to do - we
can't help you if you only say "disable-output-escaping doesn't work".

So, here my situation. Please let me know if you have another idea.

Scenario:
I use producers to generate all my XMLs, by getting data from the database
and other resources and marshalling my objects to create my final XML. At
one part of this logic, I need to include into my XML a tag, type CDATA,
that will be a set of HTML tags already defined by clients and kept into the
DB.

I could have:

<client-xsl>
<![CDATA[<some-html-tag/code>]]>
</client-xsl>

On my XSL, I have a template "client-xsl", which will be activated if I send
<client-xsl> (apply-templates). The template looks like :

<xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="."/>

That way the processor will not change these included HTML tags.

If "disable-output-escaping=yes" doesn't work, I can not include this
client's HTML session, since the browser will not treat as tags.

Ideas?

Please send the reply to my email since I am not registered to the list.

---------
Regards,

Rod~