Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ryan Nideffer <ry...@lightsurf.com> on 2003/12/19 20:38:35 UTC

Axis unable to validate

Hello-

I am running Axis 1.1 Final on a Linux 2.4.21 box with Resin 2.1.10.
Until yesterday, everything was working perfectly. Then I restarted my
machine, and now Axis fails to validate!!!!!! I didn't change anything
that I know of, and needless to say this is _incredibly_ frustrating.
Here is what I am getting:

Error: could not find a dependency of class
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet from file axis.jar
Axis will not work
See http://xml.apache.org/axis/
The root cause was: org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase
This can happen e.g. if org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet is in
the 'common' classpath, but a dependency like activation.jar is only in
the webapp classpath.

-------

activation.jar is in my webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib directory, and I have
also updated my CLASSPATH to include this jar. I have started resin both
with this classpath set, and with an empty classpath. Every other jar
needed by Axis validation is recognized as being there. When I try to
use any of the endpoints from happyaxis.jsp, I get this 500:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase

This class is contained in axis.jar, and axis.jar _is_ in my
webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib directory, and again, I have also set my
classpath to contain axis.jar before starting resin, in addition to
starting resin with a  blank classpath.

I have been _all_ over google looking for answers to this, and the
information I can find is slim. Nevertheless, I have tried every
solution I have come across to no avail. I dont understand why it would
stop working in the space of 10 minutes.

Does anyone have any idea at all what I can do to make this work????

Thank you,
Ryan Nideffer

RE: Axis unable to validate

Posted by rmarti <rm...@essex.ac.uk>.
I had a similar problem with Axis that was caused by two occurrences of
activation.jar (one in the common path, on in webapp). Deleting from common
seemed to solve it.

Have a look, YMMV

Regards,

Richard Martin