Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by James Apfel <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/26 02:56:11 UTC

Max number of concurrent connections?

Hi,

does somebody know or can estimate what about the maximum number of
concurrent connections in MINA is. Our protocol requires only little
bandwidth and won't max out the Network interface but the server must
be able to handle many concurrent clients.

Thanks
 James

Re: Max number of concurrent connections?

Posted by Michael Grundvig <mi...@electrotank.com>.
The ephemeral port range change and file descriptors were the big changes
that I recall. Mr. Royal from this list actually figured out the ephemeral
port problem. You can go here to see more details on it:

http://www.ncftp.com/ncftpd/doc/misc/ephemeral_ports.html

We were using an up-to-date version of Red Hat, Java 1.6, and a pre-release
of MINA 1.1. The box was a quad processor machine with 8 gigs of ram. I
don't recall exactly how much ram we had allocated but I think it was around
4 gigs. Thanks!

Mike

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
Mike,

--
..Cheers
Mark

Re: Max number of concurrent connections?

Posted by mat <fo...@gmail.com>.
Search and read this topic "1000+ simultaneous connections with data
transfer?"

Posted by mat <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gaston Dombiak <ga...@jivesoftware.com>.

--
..Cheers
Mark

Re: Max number of concurrent connections?

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.

--
..Cheers
Mark