Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jac jac <fo...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2005/01/07 08:03:47 UTC

questions

Hi I am a newbie and i just installed Tomcat on my machine.
May I know, when i placed the Luceneweb folder in the webapps folder of Tomcat, how come I couldn't conduct the search operation when i test the website? Did I missed out anything?

It prompts me that there is no c:\opt\index\segment folder...
I created but i still couldnt get Lucene to work...

At http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/demo.html:
under the Indexing file instruction where should I do the following "type "java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles {full-path-to-lucene}/src". "???
Is it a must to install ant?

Please kindly help!!! Thanks very much in advance!!!!

regards,
jac

 The all-new My Yahoo! – What will yours do?

Re: questions

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com>.
Hello Jac;

If you have verified that the index folder is indeed being create and their
is a segment(s) file(s) in it, check that the IndexSearcher in the demo is
pointing to that location. This is a easy error to make and would account
for the error message no segments folder.

Luke