Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Gregg L. Smith" <li...@glewis.com> on 2010/06/18 00:57:23 UTC

Trunk makefile.win annoyance

Hello,

Currently the windows make file in trunk causes nmake on VC6/SDK 2003 R2
to fail on Line 511, VC9 does not seem to have a problem with it. I have
not tried on 10 and do not have 7 & 8.

The problem on 6 is if nmake/ide does not see the comment (#) as the
first character of the line it then acts upon the line and the result is
a fatal about the command #cd being unknown. All other commented out
lines in the make file the # is the first character.

Can someone please fix this on line 511-513 of makefile.win moving the
comment to the first character.

	#cd modules\session
	# $(MAKE) $(MAKEOPT) -f mod_session_crypto.mak CFG="mod_session_crypto
- Win32 $(LONG)" RECURSE=0 $(CTARGET)
	#cd ..\..

Thanks,
Gregg

Re: Trunk makefile.win annoyance

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 18.06.2010 00:57, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently the windows make file in trunk causes nmake on VC6/SDK 2003 R2
> to fail on Line 511, VC9 does not seem to have a problem with it. I have
> not tried on 10 and do not have 7 & 8.
>
> The problem on 6 is if nmake/ide does not see the comment (#) as the
> first character of the line it then acts upon the line and the result is
> a fatal about the command #cd being unknown. All other commented out
> lines in the make file the # is the first character.
>
> Can someone please fix this on line 511-513 of makefile.win moving the
> comment to the first character.
>
> #cd modules\session
> # $(MAKE) $(MAKEOPT) -f mod_session_crypto.mak CFG="mod_session_crypto -
> Win32 $(LONG)" RECURSE=0 $(CTARGET)
> #cd ..\..

Thanks, applied in r955888.

Rainer