Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Artyom <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/25 14:04:22 UTC

Package war web.xml file is missing

Hello,
when deploying war application using package,  web.xml and some other xml
file are missing from war file.
Could someone help me with this problem ?

part of my build file

my_layout = Layout.new
my_layout[:target, :main] = 'WebContent\WEB-INF'
define 'myWebService', :layout => my_layout do

	project.version='0.0.1'
	compile.with SPRING,CXF,HIBERNATE,XUNIT,JDBC_DRIVERS,J2EE_API,LOGGING,JAXB
	package(:war).libs += artifacts(SPRING)
	package(:war).libs += artifacts(CXF)
	package(:war).libs += artifacts(HIBERNATE)
	package(:war).libs += artifacts(XUNIT)
	package(:war).libs += artifacts(JDBC_DRIVERS)
	package(:war).libs += artifacts(J2EE_API)
	package(:war).libs += artifacts(LOGGING)
	package(:war).libs += artifacts(JAXB)
	package :war
end

Thanks.

Re: Package war web.xml file is missing

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Artyom,

Buildr's war packaging expects web-related files under src/main/webapp by
default and thus, web.xml is typically placed
at src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml.

You can change the physical location of this file by overriding the layout
as follows,

my_layout[:source, :main, :webapp] = 'WebContent'

cheers,
alex