Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Aaron Boxer <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/11 21:30:24 UTC

Security

Hello There!

I am very new to couchdb. I would like to control access to my database.
Currently I can open Futon and change whatever I like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron

Re: Security

Posted by Brian Candler <B....@pobox.com>.
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 04:12:58PM -0500, Aaron Boxer wrote:
> Thanks very much, this helps a lot.  Am I correct in surmising that
> once a password is set, anyone
> can do a HTTP GET on my database, but not an HTTP POST ?

They can still do PUT and POST as well, but you can restrict those actions
using a validate_doc_update function in a design doc.

More access control stuff has hit trunk in the last few days and may end up
in 0.11, depending on exactly what point the branch is taken from.

Regards,

Brian.

Re: Security

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
You probably want to consider shoving a proxy in front of CouchDB. One the major bonuses we get from speaking vanilla HTTP is that there is myriad software to act as a gateway for your database. You could reverse proxy with Apache and deny access to everyone, and permit access to an IP range, and with a password, and over SSL. Mix and match to your heart's content.

Re: Security

Posted by Aaron Boxer <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Re: Security