Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Volkar, John M." <JV...@medrad.com> on 2008/12/02 14:12:20 UTC

Disappeared Attachments

I'm confused by something basic.  I created a page and uploaded two
attachments.  They uploaded just fine, and showed on the attachment tab.
A link on that page to those attachments worked properly.  All was well.

Then... Something happened...

(Possibly after I 'bounced' the system where by 'bounced' I mean I:
stopped tomcat, deleted the work folder and deleted the wiki's
'work/temp' folder; but I do this quite often to my other wiki's...  )

The links to the attachments now show as create-new-page links.  The
attachments themselves show on RecentChanges, but clicking on them gives
an ugly tomcat 404 message.

Other pages with attachments uploaded *after* "something happened" are
all just fine.  (And I'm now twitchy about 'bouncing').

I'm using 2.8.1 with ShortViewURLConstructor on a windows box with
versioning file provider and basic attachment provider...  This is my
first 2.8.1 install and I'm twitchy about it.

The attachments *are* on disk.  My page dir and attach dir are the same
folder.

I'm confused.  Any ideas?  I haven't cracked open the log file but don't
*think* that I'll find a clue there.

Regards,
John Volkar

Re: Disappeared Attachments

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
What are the URLs that the 404 messages come from?  Are they correct?

One possibility that somehow an illegal character has entered the
system; or that a page has been created which has the same name as
the attachment.  Or that the filename on disk is not the same that
JSPWiki is using.  This may happen on Windows, which has some weirdo
arcane mappings (e.g. "DELETEME" might actually appear as "deleteme").

/Janne