Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by John <li...@johndubchak.com> on 2008/05/10 20:20:59 UTC

Integration with httpd

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed Geronimo 2.1.1 on linux running in a Java6
JVM.  I have set up some virtual hosts and managed to deploy and run a
couple of applications (deployed as WARs) running inside Geronimo on one
of our test machines.  The tricky thing was creating the correct
mod_rewrite rules running in a virtual hosting environment.

However, when I create the configuration (same JVM, same version of
geronimo) and the exact same workers.properties file configuration along
with the correct mod_rewrites, in our production environment, I get a
404 when trying to access a basic URL.  I see that the URL is properly
translated according to the rewrite rules, however, the page cannot be
found.

I followed the configuration examples at:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configure-apache-httpd-with-jakarta-tomcat-connector-modjk.html

Here is a snippet of my httpd.conf:

JkMount /appName/* default

Here is my workers.properties:

workers.java_home=/esa/java/jdk-1.6.0_04
ps=/
worker.list=default
worker.default.type=ajp13
worker.default.host=localhost
worker.default.port=8009

I have not altered the default geronimo installation configuration
beyond just unzipping the tar file.

The applications deploy and start correctly, however, I cannot access
them by their URL and I am interested in any help that might get me past
this...

Thanks,
John

Re: Integration with httpd

Posted by John <li...@johndubchak.com>.
> I'm not very a very good resource for httpd integration. Is the
> network configuration different for your production environment? Is
> httpd running on the same machine as Geronimo? If so, does 'localhost'
> resolve properly? Can you access Geronimo directly (bypassing httpd)?
>
> --kevan

Hi Kevan,

Thanks for the response.  There is no difference in the network config,
both Geronimo and Apache httpd run on the same machine and localhost is
resolvable.  Also, I am able to access Geronimo directly using a URL
like: http://localhost:8080/console.

It's confusing, for sure.

John

Re: Integration with httpd