Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by mlg 3 <m_...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/17 09:39:44 UTC

how do I post a feature request? (svn status -r 400:401)

I want to obtain a list of files that have changed between two versions.

If it was a working copy, I could use
svn status
and
svn diff

With two versions in the repository, I can still use
svn diff -r 400:401
but cannot use
svn status -r 400:401

And: it would be valuable to have a switch for file-names-only:
svn status -r 400:401 --file-names-only
svn diff -r 400:401 `svn status -r 400:401 --file-names-only | grep -v clw`

So: how do I retrieve that list, and how do I make a feature request?

(PS In fact, with the help of awk and grep I extracted the list that I wanted, although I cannot find the command line in the history

And what I really wanted was to exclude .clw and one more file from the diff report. It was something like
svn diff -r 400:401 `svn svn diff -r 400:401 | awk '<something>' | grep -v clw | grep -v <ext2>`

But if I had svn status -r 400:401, I would likely just copy&paste from its output.
)

Re: how do I post a feature request? (svn status -r 400:401)

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 04:39, mlg 3 <m_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want to obtain a list of files that have changed between two versions.
>
> If it was a working copy, I could use
> svn status
> and
> svn diff
>
> With two versions in the repository, I can still use
> svn diff -r 400:401
> but cannot use
> svn status -r 400:401
>
> And: it would be valuable to have a switch for file-names-only:
> svn status -r 400:401 --file-names-only
> svn diff -r 400:401 `svn status -r 400:401 --file-names-only | grep -v clw`
>

> So: how do I retrieve that list, and how do I make a feature request?

I already answered this on svnforum.org a day or two ago. This feature
already exists. svn diff --summarize -r 400:401

Re: how do I post a feature request? (svn status -r 400:401)

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:56:38AM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 01:39:44AM -0800, mlg 3 wrote:
> > I want to obtain a list of files that have changed between two versions.
> >
> > If it was a working copy, I could use
> > svn status
> > and
> > svn diff
> >
> > With two versions in the repository, I can still use
> > svn diff -r 400:401
> > but cannot use
> > svn status -r 400:401
>
> Try:  svn log -v -r 400 URL_TO_REPOSITORY_HERE

And BTW if you're going to parse this list from a script,
you may want to use the --xml switch, too.

Stefan

Re: how do I post a feature request? (svn status -r 400:401)

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 01:39:44AM -0800, mlg 3 wrote:
> I want to obtain a list of files that have changed between two versions.
>
> If it was a working copy, I could use
> svn status
> and
> svn diff
>
> With two versions in the repository, I can still use
> svn diff -r 400:401
> but cannot use
> svn status -r 400:401

Try:  svn log -v -r 400 URL_TO_REPOSITORY_HERE

The URL is optional, but if you don't put it there you should
probably update your working copy before running the log command.
See http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#hidden-log

Stefan