Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by John Wang <hw...@reef.com> on 2002/01/17 03:46:29 UTC

How to make James work with Oracle database?

I am having problem with using oracle repository, I have created a db datasource as below:
        <data-source name="maildb"
                     class="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcDataSource">
         <driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver>
         <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@JWANG:1521:JWANG</dburl>
         <user>system</user>
         <password>manager</password>
        </data-source>

and then I set up the inbox repository,
      <inboxRepository>
        <repository destinationURL="db://maildb/inbox/"
                    type="MAIL">
        </repository>
      </inboxRepository>

and I have also setup the db repository for users and list,

I have created the tables by myself, including inbox,users,lists tables,

I have also put classes12.jar (oracle jdbc driver) into the lib directory,

When I started the james, it hanged there, no error messages, no log coming out, the only message I saw is:

"Phoenix 3.1a1-dev"

What is going on? Can anyone help me?
Thanks very much!
John W

R: How to make James work with Oracle database?

Posted by daniele rizzi <da...@mail.largesys.it>.

I've spent boxing day setting up james 1.2 with Oracle 9i,
but finally it works. Would you state if you are using 1.2 or 2.*?

dany rizzi (drizzi@largesys.it)