Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Frederic Heem <fr...@telsey.it> on 2008/07/01 18:40:25 UTC

rampart and message with no parameter

Dear,
Rampart has been successfully used for messages with at least one
parameter. To be precise, sec_echo has been used with scenario3.
However, a problem arises when a message without parameter has to sent,
indeed, in this case, the body is empty and rampart refuses to send the
message because it complains that no node has to be encrypted. Does
anyone know how to tackle this problem ? One ugly hack would be to add a
fake parameter, but one has to modify the wsdl.
Frederic

--- NOTICE ---

This  email  and  any  attachments  are  confidential and are intended for the
addressee  only.  If you have received this message by mistake, please contact
us  immediately and  then  delete the message from your system.   You must not
copy, distribute, disclose  or  act upon the contents of this email.  Personal
and corporate data submitted will be used in a correct, transparent and lawful
manner. The data collected will be processed in paper or computerized form for
the  performance  of  contractual  and  lawful  obligations as well as for the
effective  management of business relationship.   The data processor is Telsey
S.p.A.   The  data  subject may exercise all the rights set forth in art. 7 of
Law  by  Decree  30.06.2003  n.  196   as   reported   in  the  following  url
http://www.telsey.com/privacy.asp.

Re: rampart and message with no parameter

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If I'm right, most probably I'm. The problem is that in your policy you are
saying to encrypt the message body i.e

<sp:EncryptedParts>
    <sp:Body/>
</sp:EncryptedParts>.

But you don't have a message body. So it is perfectly normal to get this
error. If this is the case please remove that part from the policy.

Supun..

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 18:52 +0530, Manjula Peiris wrote:
> There can be messages with empty bodies. For example WS-Reliable
> messaging sends such messages. I think this is a bug in Rampart/C.
> Because what following assertion says is encrypt the first child of body
> if it is there.
> <sp:EncryptedParts>
>     <sp:Body/>
> </sp:EncryptedParts>
>
> So if the body is not there it should not return an error.
Rather if it is an empty body it should not return an error from
Rampart/C.

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

>>  The web service being developed  has many messages, some of them doesn't
> have any parameters, e.g GetDeviceList() . In this case, the body is empty
> but the header is not empty and contains the action which is used by the
> server to dispatch this message. Therefore, it makes sense to send a message
> with an empty body. Without using rampart, axis2c doesn't complain about the
> empty body and send the message which is interpreted by the server
> correctly.
> Regards,

If you have many operations and some of them have empty bodies I suggest you
use operation level policies.

Supun..

Posted by Frederic Heem <fr...@telsey.it>.

--