Posted to user@aurora.apache.org by Renan DelValle <rd...@binghamton.edu> on 2016/08/15 22:24:11 UTC

gorealis: A Go library for interacting with Apache Aurora

Hi all,

As part of the effort to bring support for custom executors for Apache
Aurora, we have developed a library for interacting with the scheduler
using Go. The library is essentially a shim on the Thrift API that is
needed to interact with Aurora.

The project can be found at https://github.com/rdelval/gorealis with a
guide on how to go from 0 to running multiple jobs with multiple executors
using gorealis over here:
https://github.com/rdelval/gorealis/blob/master/docs/getting-started.md

Note that as of right now, although gorealis is capable of launching
Thermos based jobs, it doesn't have the means to generate a Thermos task
from a .aurora file, but it would be a fantastic addition.

I know there are a few in the community that are working on a similar
project and I hope that we can pool our resources to build something great
and useful.

I also hope that this serves as an example for anyone else attempting to
write such a library in other languages. For example, I know that the folks
over at Apache Airavata were/are looking at adding support for running jobs
on Mesos using Aurora but needed an API interface to do so.

As always any contributions and/or feedback are always welcome.

Thanks,
-Renan

Re: gorealis: A Go library for interacting with Apache Aurora

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Renan
Awesome, thanks for sharing this. Will take a look at this and provide
feedback

-Jake