Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2005/03/27 17:51:37 UTC

[OWNERSHIP TRANSFER] my Apache::* CPAN modules are looking for new owners

Hi all,

The following Apache CPAN modules are looking for new owners:

1) Apache-DebugFilter (mp2)

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-DebugFilter/

2) Apache-Filter-HTTPHeadersFixup (mp2)

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Filter-HTTPHeadersFixup/

3) Apache-GTopLimit (mp1, still needs to be ported to mp2)

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-GTopLimit/

4) Apache-Peek (mp1 + mp2)

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Peek/

5) Apache-Scoreboard-1.0 (mp1)
    Apache-Scoreboard-2.0 (mp2)

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Scoreboard/

6) Apache-VMonitor-1.0 (mp1) old generation, using print,
                              no maintenance required
    Apache-VMonitor-2.0 (mp1 + mp2) new generation, using Template Toolkit

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-VMonitor/

7) Apache-Watchdog-RunAway (mp1 + mp2)

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Watchdog-RunAway/

notice that 5 and 6 are coming in bundle, since their user API is either
mostly or completely identical and both seen as the same thing under CPAN,
though they live in separate repositories.

All modules are under svn control conveniently hosted by perl.org:
http://svn.perl.org/modperl-modules/

To checkout a module from the above list, for example Apache-Peek, type:

   svn co https://svn.perl.org/modperl-modules/Apache-Peek/trunk Apache-Peek

of course you need to have a subversion client installed. If not, you can
always grab the latest released version from search.cpan.org, but
eventually you will need svn to be able to commit.

1) How to claim the ownership?

The ownership will be given on the first-come first-served basis.

which, so others will know that they are taken already

2) How to get the ownership transferred?

a) Email me offlist your CPANID and I'll transfer the ownership to you, so
you will be able to do future CPAN releases.

b) Email me offlist your valid https://auth.perl.org/ user id and I'll ask
Robert to give you a commit access to the module you will now own.

Thank you.

Re: [OWNERSHIP TRANSFER] my Apache::* CPAN modules are looking for new owners

Posted by Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com>.
Hello Malcom,

I've never maintained modules before, so I'm glad that you're taking the
plunge at it. Thanks for helping to support the Perl community!

Posted by Malcolm J Harwood <mj...@liminalflux.net>.

Posted by Aare Vesi <aa...@myrien.com>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The following Apache CPAN modules are looking for new owners:

I'm interested in these two modules:

Posted by "Philip M. Golllucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The following Apache CPAN modules are looking for new owners:
>
> 1) Apache-DebugFilter (mp2)
>
>    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-DebugFilter/
>

> 2) Apache-Filter-HTTPHeadersFixup (mp2)
>
>    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Filter-HTTPHeadersFixup/

I'm interested in these 2 modules.

--
END

Philip M. Gollucci
Consultant
E-Mail: pgollucci@p6m7g8.com
URL   : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/resume.shtml
Phone : 301.254.5198

$Id: .signature,v 1.7 2004/09/05 23:46:37 philip Exp $

Re: [OWNERSHIP TRANSFER] my Apache::* CPAN modules are looking for new owners

Posted by "Philip M. Golllucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

 > 4) Apache-Peek (mp1 + mp2)
 >
 >    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Peek/
I'll grab this one too since I haven't seen anyone speak up and I'm
interested in the current FreeBSD port.