Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Nayak, Soumya R." <sn...@firstam.com> on 2018/01/08 10:07:14 UTC

JMeter Distributed Load test Query

Hi All,

In JMeter Distributed Load test --> It multiplies the load as per the no of slaves. The same test plan is run by all the servers. JMeter does not distribute the load between servers, each runs the full test plan. So if we set 100 Threads and have 6 JMeter server, we end up injecting 600 Threads.

But my requirement is --> Let's say there are 80 Threads or 80 Virtual users and I have 4 slave machines and I want to distribute the load like
Slave 1 - 15 Virtual users/threads
Slave 2 - 25 Virtual users/Threads
Slave 3 - 10 Virtual Users/Threads
Slave 4 - 30 Virtual Users/Threads.

So how to get it done and let's say I have 200 test cases in a table in Database and when I run the test from the Master machine it should start the test with the 4 slave machines and the 200 test cases should be uniquely distributed across the 80 Virtual users/threads in the 4 slave machines.
How can I achieve the above scenario? Please help.

More ever how can I monitor from the master machine the issues if any occurs with any of the slave machine?

Regards,
Soumya

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

If you received this email as a commercial message and would like to opt out of future commercial
messages, please let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list.

Thank you.~
FAFLD

RE: JMeter Distributed Load test Query

Posted by "Nayak, Soumya R." <sn...@firstam.com>.
Hi ,

I had put multiple IF controllers in Script like currently I had two IF controllers ---
First IF controller --> Condition - "${__machineIP()}" == "172.16.60.44"
Second IF Controller --> Condition - "${__machineIP()}" == "172.16.60.188"

In the above two IF conditions I have parameters like no of threads , no of input records to process with respect to the specific slave machine.
So when I ran the test with two slave machines with the mentioned IP addresses above. Each slave machine should have picked up their parameters based on the ip address condition but what was happening was that instead both the machines picked up values/parameters from the last IF condition.

So what I could find was the IF condition were not validating.
Am I doing any error or some other way of handling the particular slave machine.

Regards,
SOumya

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

wrote:

> Also ,
>
> I am not getting the response data from slave machines to the master.
> I had put mode= Standard in user.properties in all slave machines but
> still not returning.
>
> Regards,
> soumya

on 2nd slave

 2.  How to Perform Distributed Testing in JMeter <https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-to-perform-distributed-testing-in-jmeter>
 3.  JMeter Distributed Testing Step-by-step <https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.pdf>

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying
to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

If you received this email as a commercial message and would like to opt out of future commercial
messages, please let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list.

Thank you.~

RE: JMeter Distributed Load test Query

 1. You can choose how many threads will be started for this or that slave machine by setting the number of threads in  Thread Group <http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Thread_Group>
(s) using  __P() function
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#__P>   like

> ${__P(threads)}

Once done you can define the desired number of threads on each slave in
/user.properties/ file , i.e. on 1st slave:

> threads=15

on 2nd slave

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
 1. You can choose how many threads will be started for this or that slave
machine by setting the number of threads in  Thread Group
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Thread_Group>
(s) using  __P() function
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#__P>   like

> ${__P(threads)}

Once done you can define the desired number of threads on each slave in
/user.properties/ file , i.e. on 1st slave:

> threads=15

on 2nd slave