Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2005/04/12 23:55:29 UTC

Way to specify SingleSignOn session timeout?

I'm using the SingleSignOn valve with Tomcat 5.5.9. Does anyone know what
the default session timeout is set to? Is there a way to specify this
timeout?

I'm finding that sometimes my session will timeout within an application,
but, it doesn't redisplay the login page. I want to try to set it up so that
the session timeout period is the same for all my applications (and the same
for the global one) and that whenever the session times out, the login page
is displayed.

Jon

Re: Way to specify SingleSignOn session timeout?

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
After looking at the code, it looks like the SSO session doesn't go away
until all other sessions for the user have expired. So, as far as I can
tell, the SSO session doesn't have it's own session timeout as far as I can
tell.

Jon

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.
On 4/14/05, Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> After looking at the code, it looks like the SSO session doesn't go away
> until all other sessions for the user have expired. So, as far as I can
> tell, the SSO session doesn't have it's own session timeout as far as I can
> tell.

Indeed.

OTOH, if one of the sessions is explicitely invalidated, the SSO will
go away right away. I think that's the most appropriate behavior, but
changing it is very easy using a little code hacking.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Look inside conf/web.xml

  <!-- created sessions by modifying the value
below.                       -->