Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Dr. Florian Steinborn" <fl...@drb.insel.de> on 2007/08/09 12:04:22 UTC

[AXIS2C] - problem in coding special signs in server answer

Hi friends,

I am sorry but we hit another error.

When the server generates a webservice answer that contains special signs
like "&" this character is not converted to "&amp;" as expected.
Just imagine a company's name like "Tools & Co." - it would be transferred
to the client exactly like this, as you can see in the tcpmon snippet:

<ns1:mndname>AK & Co KG</ns1:mndname>

The parser on the client side fails as it interpretes "&" as starter of a
"&something;" construct and does not expect the " " as next char after "&".

The WS requests from the client to the server are formatted correctly ,

<ns1:param1>&amp;&amp;&amp;</ns1:param1>

Thanks for listening and greetings,

Flori

Re: [AXIS2C] - problem in coding special signs in server answer

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dr. Florian Steinborn wrote:
> The problem still persists :-)
> I wanted to open a Jira but I did not know which topic to place it under.
Please place under xml/om
Thanks,
Samisa...

> Regards,
> Flori
>
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:04:22 +0200, Dr. Florian Steinborn
> <fl...@drb.insel.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> I am sorry but we hit another error.
>>
>> When the server generates a webservice answer that contains special
>> signs like "&" this character is not converted to "&amp;" as expected.
>> Just imagine a company's name like "Tools & Co." - it would be
>> transferred to the client exactly like this, as you can see in the
>> tcpmon snippet:
>>
>> <ns1:mndname>AK & Co KG</ns1:mndname>
>>
>> The parser on the client side fails as it interpretes "&" as starter
>> of a "&something;" construct and does not expect the " " as next char
>> after "&".
>>

>> The WS requests from the client to the server are formatted correctly ,
>>
>> <ns1:param1>&amp;&amp;&amp;</ns1:param1>
>>
>> Thanks for listening and greetings,
>>
>> Flori

> ----
>
> F. Steinborn
> florian.steinborn@drb.insel.de
>
> Dr. Brunthaler Industrielle Informationstechnik GmbH
> Motzstr. 5, D-10777 Berlin
> Fon: +49.30.215081-0, Fax: +49.30.215081-88
> http://www.brunthaler.de
>
> Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Brunthaler
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
> Handelsregister: HRB 27 337 Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
> --
> Wir sind Mitglied des inilog Netzwerks - www.inilog.de

Samisa Abeysinghe : WSO2 WSF/C
"http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/c?WSO2&nbsp;Web&nbsp;Services&nbsp;Framework/C&nbsp;-&nbsp;Open&nbsp;source&nbsp;C&nbsp;library&nbsp;for&nbsp;providing&nbsp;and&nbsp;consuming&nbsp;Web&nbsp;services"

Re: [AXIS2C] - problem in coding special signs in server answer

Posted by "Dr. Florian Steinborn" <fl...@drb.insel.de>.
The problem still persists :-)