Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/10/30 21:09:44 UTC

[VOTE] uimaj-2.10.2 rc2

Hi,

uimaj-2.10.2 rc2 is posted and ready for voting.

There were four minor changes:
1) A json support jar from the uima binary distribution was added to the example eclipse project "classpath"
2) The example eclipse project's classpath definition of where the Javadocs was corrected - the javadocs should now be available.
3) The xml support was made more independent of particular Java version levels.
4) A test case which depended on the internals of Java string implementation was commented out - it would work on some Java implementations, and fail on others.

The issues fixed are here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/UIMA/versions/12341420

The source and binary tar/zips are here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimaj/2.10.2-rc2/artifacts/

The eclipse update subsite is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimaj/2.10.2-rc2/uimaj/

The maven staging repo is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1164/

SVN tag: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.10.2/

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] uimaj-2.10.2 rc2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The vote passes, with 3 +1 and no other votes received.

+1 from Burn Lewis, Joern Kottmann, and Marshall Schor

Thanks to everyone for testing and voting!

I'll attempt to production-sign the eclipse jars, for the first time, following
the process on our website. (I've tested using the test-signing...)

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] uimaj-2.10.2 rc2

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jörn

Re: [VOTE] uimaj-2.10.2 rc2

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.

Re: some delay in getting uimaj-2.10.2 rc2 posted

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
There will be some delay in getting this posted.  Here are the issues:
1) the signing for Eclipse Jars was blocked, due to some authentication renewal
process.  (This just got cleared, and I was able to sign and confirm that
installing Eclipse no longer gives the message about installing unsigned things
when I tested.)

2) The uploading of Eclipse subsite is delayed while working out how the
"archiving" is to work in detail.

3) A plan for doing the archiving based on using the standard Apache mechanism
of relying on archive.apache.org is encountering a strange problem.  The url for
the eclipse update site: https://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update site ,
shows in a chrome browser the directory of subsites.  The similar url for the
eclipse update site at the archive spot:
https://archive.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site gives a message
"Document could not be loaded by browser.", which, when searched, says this is
due to a known issue but works with "firefox" browser.

Currently investigating...

Also, had to use 2 signing sets, because the process for uploading Jars to be
signed requires they all have different names, and by accident, we have a jar in
the Features directory with the exact same name as a Jar in the plugins
directory.  I'll put in a Jira to change this, going forward.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] uimaj-2.10.2 rc2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
signatures: OK
install binary distr, run document analyzer, examine results with doc viewer - OK
build-from-source: OK
compare source-release with tag: OK
Install plugins into Eclipse Oxygen, run CDE, create type descriptor, run
JCasGen: OK
Run document analyzer from Eclipse after importing examples project from binary
distribution:  OK
Issues fixed: one issue wasn't closed when the release was cut ( 5629 - an
"Improvement" adding json jars to the uimaj examples project in the binary
distribution).  I don't think this is significant enough to block the release.
api-change-reports: OK
no changes to license / notices
spot-check repository incl license/notice: OK

[X] +1 OK to release

-Marshall Schor