Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com> on 2003/07/02 18:31:46 UTC

Matching multiple URL's in web.xml and filtering them in struts

I'd like to have at least 2 URL pattern matches in web.xml, say *.do and
/pdf/* then in struts match them up.  I got it to work like that, but what
happens is it takes any of the *.do actions and writes the url as
/mywebapp/pdf/whatever.do  even though the request was for
/mywebapp/action.do.  Anybody know a good way to remedy or get around this?
Thanks
-David

Re: Matching multiple URL's in web.xml and filtering them in struts

Posted by Dirk Markert <di...@dr-markert.de>.
Hello David,

   put *.do as the *last* mapping in your web.xml.

DE> I'd like to have at least 2 URL pattern matches in web.xml, say *.do and
DE> /pdf/* then in struts match them up.  I got it to work like that, but what
DE> happens is it takes any of the *.do actions and writes the url as
DE> /mywebapp/pdf/whatever.do  even though the request was for
DE> /mywebapp/action.do.  Anybody know a good way to remedy or get around this?
DE> Thanks
DE> -David

Dirk

| Dirk Markert                     dirk.markert@dr-markert.de |
| Dr. Markert Softwaretechnik AG                              |
| Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 20                               |
| 44227 Dortmund                                              |