Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by michael lockyear <mi...@michaellockyear.com> on 2014/09/11 14:20:45 UTC

Data deleting Impress extensions - thank you

To Whom it may concern

Your website distributes an Impress extension (Evoice) supposedly used to
add audio narrative to an Impress slide deck (
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/search?query=evoice&sort_by=field_project_stats_year&sort_order=DESC
) .

You might want to check that it actually works.  I found that it does NOT
save the audio clips AND causes the TOTAL loss of the presentation being
worked on. I recently lost an entire day of productivity due to this bug.

This problem was reported in your forums as far back 2010, and as recently
as 2 weeks ago (
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?keywords=evoice ).

Regards
Michael Lockyear

--
Michael Lockyear
Mobile: +27 (0) 82 374 3275

This communication is private and confidential.  Unauthorised use,
publication and redistribution is strictly prohibited.

Re: Data deleting Impress extensions - thank you

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 11/09/2014 michael lockyear wrote:
> Your website distributes an Impress extension (Evoice) supposedly used to
> add audio narrative to an Impress slide deck (
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/search?query=evoice&sort_by=field_project_stats_year&sort_order=DESC
> ) . You might want to check that it actually works.  I found that it does NOT

The Extensions site is a community site: authors upload their extensions
there and the OpenOffice project has no control over the individual
extensions. Only a few authors follow this mailing list.

> I recently lost an entire day of productivity due to this bug.
> This problem was reported in your forums as far back 2010, and as recently
> as 2 weeks ago (
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?keywords=evoice ).

It's bad to hear that this extension is so buggy: the author should get
to know this. Best way: please leave a comment on the page of that
extension to report the bug or to warn other users that this extension
is malfunctioning. You can also rate the extension as "not compatible
with OpenOffice 4" if it is malfunctioning. Alternatively, you can
contact the extension provider directly and they can consider to fix the
extension and even unpublish all current releases until it is fixed.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Data deleting Impress extensions - thank you

Posted by michael lockyear <mi...@michaellockyear.com>.
I won't be contacting anyone because I have uninstalled Apache OpenOffice.

Thanks

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.