Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2005/10/11 16:01:43 UTC

[m2] parent POM from remote repo

How can I have a POM load its parent from a remote repository?  I can
only get it to find the parent when the parent is in the local repository.

I am using the ant tasks so it'd be best to somehow provide the
repository to <artifact:pom>.  I have tried specifying a remote repo in
settings.xml but it doesn't affect anything.

<settings>
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault/>
            </activation>
            <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <name>CU repo</name>
                    <url>file:///T:/java-repository-cu</url>
                    <layout>default</layout>
                    <snapshots updatePolicy="always"/>
                </repository>
            </repositories>