Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2009/03/02 10:35:08 UTC

Applying patches

Further to Davids recent "developers must help developers" email, can
I point out that recently some of us have been actively helping a
new contributor. That contributor has provided a useful patch to our docs in
direct response to our assistance and has identified a potential
problem in our FO stylesheets.

At this time I do not have a development version of Forrest on any of
my machines. Someone needs to apply this patch otherwsie all our
efforts are wasted.

Can someone please apply the patch supplied and thank the contributor.

Ross

Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - awareness and understanding of open source software
development and use in education
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk

Re: Applying patches

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
2009/3/3 David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Further to Davids recent "developers must help developers" email,
>
> To be clear, i deliberately did not use the word "must".
> Instead i chose "need to". People do whatever they like.
> However developers do need to help each other, to keep
> any project happening.

Yeah, sorry David.

Ross

Re: Applying patches

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Further to Davids recent "developers must help developers" email,

To be clear, i deliberately did not use the word "must".
Instead i chose "need to". People do whatever they like.
However developers do need to help each other, to keep
any project happening.

Thanks for also prompting us committers. It would be
fantastic if we can get that patch queue down and
encourage those other developers.

-David