Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacques Poulin <ja...@jpti.ca> on 2004/09/10 19:03:42 UTC

mod_jk2 : apr_socket_send error

Hi,

I am hosted on linux (I'm pretty sure it's redhat, but not 100%), with
apache 2.0.40 running to handle my Perl scripts.

I want to be able to run Tomcat side-by-side with Apache to handle all JSP
requests.  I hope that I'm right in figuring out that mod_jk2 is the module
that I need... (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I installed Tomcat 5.0 just fine.  If I do a telnet localhost 8080, and type
"GET /", I get the "You installed Tomcat successfully" page.

I initially got a binary of mod_jk2.so, and installed it in my Apache
modules directory, and added "LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so" to
httpd.conf.

I got the following error :

Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so: undefined symbol: apr_socket_send

I tried downloading the source and building it instead, but ended up with
the same message.

I was hoping someone could help me.  I've seen a lot of messages in the
archive about the apr_socket_send message, but couldn't make sense of them.

Thanks.

---

Re: mod_jk2 : apr_socket_send error

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:03:42PM -0400, Jacques Poulin wrote:
: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so into server:
: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so: undefined symbol: apr_socket_send
:  [snip]
: I was hoping someone could help me.  I've seen a lot of messages in the
: archive about the apr_socket_send message, but couldn't make sense of them.

Do a search on "mod_jk2.so: undefined symbol" instead, you'll turn up
more messages and likely explanations to go with them.

This topic comes up frequently. ;)

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net