Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Eric Lemings <Er...@roguewave.com> on 2008/06/28 01:07:57 UTC

User-defined compiler flags

What is the proper build procedure for specifying additional
user-defined compiler flags?

Thanks,
Brad.

RE: User-defined compiler flags

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

  The same behavior on Ubuntu Linux.

> If you agree, I suggest we open an issue/enhancement as a reminder to
implement it.

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-982

Farid.

Re: User-defined compiler flags

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

it seem that it should work. If you agree, I suggest we open an
issue/enhancement as a reminder to implement it.

Martin

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Eric Lemings wrote:

> What is the proper build procedure for specifying additional
> user-defined compiler flags?

Quoting from section 5, Library Build Instructions, of our README
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stdcxx/trunk/README):

      To  change  preprocessor, compiler,  or  linker  options you  can
      either set the make variables CPPOPTS, CXXOPTS, and LDOPTS on the
      command  line  (recommended,  except   with  HP  aCC)  or  modify
      ${BUILDDIR}/makefile.in.  The  second option is  recommended when
      compiling  with HP  aCC (as  the compiler  looks  for environment
      variables with the same names).

When using HP aCC, you can prefix the names of each of the variables
with an underscore (i.e., _CPPOPTS, _CXXOPTS, and _LDOPTS) to get the
same effect.

Martin