Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Miles Osborne <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk> on 2008/06/11 00:16:43 UTC

Streaming --counters question

Is there support for counters in streaming?  In particular, it would be nice
to be able to access these after a job has run.

Thanks!

Miles

--
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.

Re: Streaming --counters question

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
Streaming works on stdin and stdout so unless there was a way to capture the
stdout as a counter I do not see any other way to report the to the
jobtracker. Unless there was a url the task could call on the jobtracker to
update counters.

Billy

"Miles Osborne" <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote in
message news:73e5a5310806101516h5315eeadwdf90d59e315fc559@mail.gmail.com...