Posted to user@flink.apache.org by aitozi <gj...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/02 05:19:08 UTC

sharebuffer prune code

Hi,

i am running into a cep bug : it always running into failed to find previous
sharebufferEntry, i think it may be caused by prune the sharebufferEntry
wrongly, but when i read the code, i cant understand this :
https://gist.github.com/Aitozi/007210bc7ade01a81f8d0fc4ba5a2c99

why when encounted a entry with timestamp > pruningTimestamp, we should
break the whole prune loop (set the continuePruning to false )

thanks,
aitozi

Re: sharebuffer prune code

Posted by Shailesh Jain <sh...@stellapps.com>.
Thanks Dawid. I'll rebase against your branch and test it. Would revert
back if I hit the issue again.

Regards,
Shailesh

Re: sharebuffer prune code

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.

Re: sharebuffer prune code

Posted by aitozi <gj...@gmail.com>.
Can you explain it more explictly?

Re: sharebuffer prune code

Posted by Shailesh Jain <sh...@stellapps.com>.
Hi guys,

Were you able to RCA this? I think I'm hitting the same issue on 1.4.0, but
not really able to reproduce it through a test case.
In an IterativeCondition (using AfterMatchSkipStrategy.skipPastLastEvent),
while looking up previously matched events, it is hitting a
java.util.NoSuchElementException

Any leads on this issue would be of great help.

Thanks,
Shailesh

Re: sharebuffer prune code

Re: sharebuffer prune code

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <k....@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Aitozi,

I think you are correct.
Could you open a JIRA and share it here?

Thanks,
Kostas