Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com> on 2006/03/13 10:35:31 UTC

[Proposal] Docu - restructuring

Hi all,

I am right now looking at the different places where we have information
about webdav.

I found
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToEditWithWebDAV?highlight=%28webdav%29
http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/components/repository/webdav.html

Our official documentation is not 1.2 specific and the wiki is neither.
I think it may makes sense to start document modules. This way we have a
common entry point to find information. Since we store now the
functional code in modules let us do the same with our documentation.

I propose to add a tab modules to tabs.xml and start to add the existing
documentation about modules here. It is a good place to add warnings and
notes about prerequisites and a basic introduction about how to work
with the module.

WDYT?

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Re: [Proposal] Docu - restructuring

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El lun, 13-03-2006 a las 11:05 +0100, Andreas Hartmann escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >> That sounds very good.
> >>
> >> The question is where to put documentation about individual modules.
> >> It would be great if it could be hosted by the module itself and
> >> included in the main documentation ...
> >>

> > Yeah, that would be nice, let us think how we can do that.
> >
> > I think we start for now in our docu tree and if we have a soltuion how
> > to include it in the modules we will move the files there.
>
> +1

Preview is on
http://lenya.zones.apache.org/docu/modules/index.html

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [Proposal] Docu - restructuring

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El lun, 13-03-2006 a las 10:40 +0100, Andreas Hartmann escribió:
>> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am right now looking at the different places where we have information
>>> about webdav.
>>>
>>> I found
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToEditWithWebDAV?highlight=%28webdav%29
>>> http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/components/repository/webdav.html
>>>
>>> Our official documentation is not 1.2 specific and the wiki is neither.
>>> I think it may makes sense to start document modules. This way we have a
>>> common entry point to find information. Since we store now the
>>> functional code in modules let us do the same with our documentation.
>>>
>>> I propose to add a tab modules to tabs.xml and start to add the existing
>>> documentation about modules here. It is a good place to add warnings and
>>> notes about prerequisites and a basic introduction about how to work
>>> with the module.
>> That sounds very good.
>>
>> The question is where to put documentation about individual modules.
>> It would be great if it could be hosted by the module itself and
>> included in the main documentation ...
>>

> Yeah, that would be nice, let us think how we can do that.
>
> I think we start for now in our docu tree and if we have a soltuion how
> to include it in the modules we will move the files there.

+1

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann