Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2014/05/15 10:35:57 UTC

Release reviewing

Is there a description of what is expected in a release review for Any23?

For Jena we have a list of checks:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JENA/Release+Process#ReleaseProcess-VotingonaRelease

which we cribbed and tweaked during incubation from older and wiser
projects. Of course, any additional checking is great.

The idea of writing down what checks I've done is so that the project
can get coverage even if one person isn't able to do each and every item
and in and every setup.

The biggest time saver is knowing from the vote call that there are no
dependency changes because then all the N&L files (source and in
binaries) will not change.

	Andy