Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Aruna Goli <ar...@covigna.com> on 2003/08/01 23:15:41 UTC

newbie - slide installation as a service with weblogic

Hello

 I am new to slide and am looking for instructions to install and
configure slide for use with weblogic.
I found instructions for tomcat, however am running into problems while
following them.
Also i can get the slide running when i install and use the startup
batch file. However i need it to run with weblogic.

I am using weblogic 6.1 with SQL server.

I would really appreciate any help that you can give

thanks
Aruna

RE: newbie - slide installation as a service with weblogic - you need a patch

Posted by Aruna Goli <ar...@covigna.com>.
To answer my question in case it can help anyone in the future

Initially I had a problem deplying slide.war  on weblogic.
I was getting a distributed bean-managed exception.

You need to contact bea support for the appropriate version of the
CR064449_61sp2.jar (patch)
And then add it to your lib directory.

Later make sure that this jar is the first occurrence in your classpath
from where you start your server. Having it elsewhere will not work.

Thanks
Aruna