Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Rennie, Bruce" <Br...@jdedwards.com> on 2002/02/06 19:37:37 UTC

Problems with Cactus 1.2 and Tomcat 4.0

I'm having a lot of trouble getting Cactus to work with Tomcat 4.0.

I've basically just cut n pasted the config files from the doc pages. I have
a simple servlet and a simple test for it. When I try to run the test, I
receive the following error:

java.IO.Exception: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL
http://localhost/cwc2/servlet/ServletRedirector/ where cwc2 is the name or
our context.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
/bruce

You'd be cranky too if you woke up and found yourself at work.

J. D. Edwards

655 Bay Street                                                     phone:
(416) 542 1934
Suite 1200
fax:  (416) 979 9504
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5G 2K4                   email:  bruce_rennie@jdedwards.com

RE: Problems with Cactus 1.2 and Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Bruce,

What's your mapping of the Cactus redirector servlet in your web.xml ?
It seems incorrect. Normally the "servlet" keyword in the URL is used to
trigger the servlet invoker servlet in servlet container and it expects
to get the full class name of the servlet to call in the URL. However,
the preferred way is to declare a mapping in web.xml as is shown in the
Cactus doc (http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_config.html).

-Vincent

phone: