Posted to user@struts.apache.org by de...@ubs.com on 2001/07/24 10:06:32 UTC

RE: Running the example application that comes along with struts

> I have got a problem in running the example struts
> application. When I run my application , I get the
> first jsp page , i.e. index.jsp containing MailReader
> Demonstration Application Options, but when I click
> on any of the other links, I get this exception ,
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Relative URI
> "struts-config_1_1.dtd"; can not be resolved without
> a document URI.
> I don't know what this means. Please advise.

The format of an XML file is defined by a DTD file. If
you have an XML file, you can verify that it is
"legal" by validating it against its DTD defintion.
Your error message indicates that your web server is
trying to verify the legality of the struts-config.xml
file against its DTD file (which is defined at
the top of that file). It is having trouble doing so
because it can't find that DTD file. The solution to
this problem is specific to your web server but
it comes up often on this mailing list so maybe the
archives could help you.

Devon