Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by philip zuniga <ph...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/07 18:12:10 UTC

cannot load images in batik

hello,

  i am trying to load a svg file in batik that contains an image. This was the code that i placed in the svg file:
  <image x = " " y = " " height = " " width = " " xlink:href = "cyan.png" />. I was able to view the svg file using IE but when i tried loading it to batik, I got the following error:

  java.io.IOException: The prefix "xlink" for attribute "xlink:href" associated with an element type "image" is not bound.

  What does the error means? how would I be able to get around with this error?

  Thanks

---------------------------------

Re: cannot load images in batik

Posted by Andrew Plotkin <er...@eblong.com>.
On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, philip zuniga wrote:

>  i am trying to load a svg file in batik that contains an image. This was the code that i placed in the svg file:
>  <image x = " " y = " " height = " " width = " " xlink:href = "cyan.png"
> />. I was able to view the svg file using IE but when i tried loading it
> to batik, I got the following error:
>
>  java.io.IOException: The prefix "xlink" for attribute "xlink:href"
> associated with an element type "image" is not bound.

You need to declare the xlink prefix in your top-level <svg> tag. For
example:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.1"

--Z

*
"Bush has kept America safe from terrorism since 9/11." Too bad his
job was to keep America safe *on* 9/11.