Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/01 19:20:16 UTC

Language resource file updates

Hi Team, we have language files in our JIRA for French (ROL-1430) and
Korean (ROL-1649), they're dated around Roller 4.0 but probably much of
it is still good today, plus since they have so many speakers there's a
good chance we can get updates for them if we distributed them with
Roller, I'd like to add those in.

However, to keep resource file management reasonable (work is needed on
them--a lot of no-longer-used keys need removal) and to help keep the
Roller WAR lean, I'd also like to pull out three resource files--Danish
(5.6mil speakers), Slovenian (2.5mil), and Icelandic (330K) -- they just
don't have enough non-English-knowing speakers to warrant maintaining
their files. Java devs from those lands are long accustomed to reading
documentation and running software in English or another major language
as only a small fraction of material is available in their native
tongue, or otherwise still prefer the English UI as it is more
productive to google the English-language error messages to get answers
to problems that pop up.

No other resource file we have[1] has fewer than 20 million native
speakers, so the rest look good to keep.  WDYT?

Regards,
Glen

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/roller/trunk/app/src/main/resources/

Re: Language resource file updates