Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/28 11:13:05 UTC

Re: failure due to IGNITE_BPLUS_TREE_LOCK_RETRIES

Hello!

This is highly unusual, I guess the default value for this property should
be far larger that anything attainable in practice.

Dmitriy, Alexey, can you please clarify?

Regards.
--
Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Index inline is actually a vital parameter that can make up for multiple
orders of performance difference. You can find threads about this in users
list archive.

However, you should definitely not set it to anything comparable to page
size.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by "ilya.kasnacheev" <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I have filed an usability ticket

Re: failure due to IGNITE_BPLUS_TREE_LOCK_RETRIES

Posted by mahesh76private <ma...@gmail.com>.
We actually think while building index, the tree is getting corrupted.
Increasing LOCK_RETRIES didnt fix it too...

Please review the below link as well. Infact, we saw creating index was
getting into a infinite loop and throwing out errors at other clients.

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/processDynamicIndexChange-exception-at-client-node-while-creating-index-td26770.html

My suspicion is this issue happens only when table is partitioned, no
affinity keys, and definitely spread across multiple nodes.

Please review the logs