Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za> on 2007/09/12 16:44:06 UTC

Harbor Beta REVa out for Tomcat

Working like crazy on the Pojo application server, and having a lot of fun with it.
REVa involved mainly Internet optimization... and thats what I got to tell you about.

>From a techinical perspective it doesnt work like a URL class loader, it only gets what the remote user is running and needs at "class level", we knew it would be good but the results are terrific, and that's what's got me all excited.

Its (sit down for this) better than a web site... ha ha.
Its more efficient to run a remote Java application than an entire web site.
For a single page... a web site "just" beats Harbor, but for something like a travel agency or airline booking system, Harbor wins.

Tomcat *is* now the best application server ever.... ha ha, which kind of explains the stunned silence I got on the Netbeans site.

I had a bash at some news releases
http://coolharbor.100free.com/news_releases.htm

Naturally the one is called Super-Pussy...